7. CMHC MORTGAGE LOAN INSURANCE PREMIUM REFUND. Provides home buyers with CMHC mortgage insurance and 10% premium refund and possible extended amortization without surcharge when buyers purchase an energy efficient home or make energy saving renovations. For more info call 604-731-5733 or check out http://www.cmhc.ca/en/co/moloin/moloin_008.cfm.
8. TERASEN GAS REBATE PROGRAM. Rebates for homeowners currently include a $25 gift card for furnace servicing, $50 rebate for upgrading a water heater, $150 rebate on an EnerChoice fireplace, $1000 rebate for switching to natural gas and installing an ENERGYSTAR heating system. More information is available at 1-888-224-2710 or go to http://www.terasengas.com/homes/offers/lowermainlandsquamish.html
10. CANADA MORTGAGE AND HOUSING (CMHC) RESIDENTIAL REHABILITATION ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (RRAP) GRANTS. This federal government program provides financial aid to qualifying low income homeowners to repair substandard housing. Eligible repairs include heating, structural, electrical, plumbing and fire safety. Grants are available for seniors, persons with disabilities, owners of rental properties and for the creation of secondary and garden suites. More by calling 1-800-668-2642 or go to http://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/co/prfinas/prfinas_001.cfm
11. LIVESMART BC: EFFICIENCY INCENTIVE PROGRAM. Homeowners improving the energy efficiency of their homes who hire a certified energy advisor may qualify for cash incentives through this Provincial program provided in partnership with Terasen Gas, BC Hydro and FortisBC. Go to 1-866-430-8765 or http://www.livesmartbc.ca/rebates
12. B.C. RESIDENTIAL ENERGY CREDIT. Homeowners and residential landlords buying heating fuel receive a B.C. government point-of-sale rebate on utility bills equal to the provincial component of the HST. For more info call 604-660-4524 or go to http://hst.blog.gov.bc.ca/faqs/energy-credit/
14. BC HYDRO MAIL-IN REBATES/SAVINGS COUPONS. BC Hydro offers rebates currently including 10% off an ENERGYSTAR cordless phone, 50% of an E2TM dual-flush toilet, $15 off a clothes drying rack and 50% off Earth Massage showerheads. Check for deadlines. For more information http://www.bchyrdo.com/rebates_savings/coupons.html or call 1-800-224-9376.
These programs may be modified or terminated without notice, as could the amounts.
If you find a broken link or you know of a great grant, rebate or exemption please send us an email.
Adapted from the Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver's "Open House". Last updated January 31, 2011. The information contained herein is thought to be reliable and while thought to be correct is not guaranteed.